Matrix Providers is looking for a Billing Analyst to join our team. The Billing Analyst reports to our Controller and supports full-cycle accounting functions and daily/monthly activities of the Accounting Department. The ideal candidate will have experience working in government contracting. **This is a remote full time position and will be performed out of the candidate’s home-based office. Individual must have discipline to work in this work environment and needs to be reliable and readily available always throughout the work day.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and submission of invoices related to government contracts.
• Perform general account analysis and reconciliations
• Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (GAAP, DCAA, CAS auditing), rules, regulations and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare documentation; create financial reports and/or presentations
• Assist Controller and Accounting Manager with processes that affect operations and profitability
• Maintain high standard of fiscal integrity of the business
• Verify records, review, and process employee expense reports in accordance with company policy and FAR
• Create AR Aging Report weekly and resolve aging issues, to include collection activity
• Receive and process subcontractor invoices ensuring accuracy and contract compliance
• Maintain procedure manual of Billing tasks as a guide for backup assistance when such assistance is necessary
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business required.
• Experience with government billing and government contracts
• Experience with general ledger processing and the month-end/year end close process
• Experience working with Government Contracting
• Experience with the McNamara-O’Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) of 1965 a plus
• Have a solid understanding of federal contracting and GAAP, and working knowledge of FAR, CAS, and DCAA requirements
• 3+ years of progressive experience, with at least 2 years’ experience in government contracting environment preferred
• Strong accounting system experience
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel to include the use of pivot tables and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with Wide Area Workflow (WAWF/iRAPT)
• Experience with JAMIS Prime is a plus
• Self-starter in a home office environment, highly motivated, able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure and changing priorities
• Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, to include some nights and weekends
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), ability to work in a team environment and drive inter-departmental cooperation and solutions
• Ability to work and manage in a virtual environment where team members may be remotely located
• Financial Management.
• Technical Capacity.
• Performance Management.
• Ethical Conduct.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Personal Effectiveness / Credibility
Hours of Work
• Full Time
• Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but employee must be available during “core” work hours and work at least 40 hours a week.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
EEO COMPANY STATEMENT: Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, handicap or veteran status.