Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
Job Type: Contract (6 weeks)
Start Date: ASAP
Work Location: Burlington, ON
We are looking for an energetic and hardworking Pharmacy assistant for one of our top healthcare clients in Burlington, Ontario. The assignment is for a 6 week contract starting as soon as possible until the end of April, with the possibility of ongoing monthly extensions based on performance. This assignment offers full time hours, 8 hours a day. Candidates will be expected to work from Monday to Friday with shifts starting from 8 am to 4 pm. The ideal candidate would have at least a year of paid retail experience, and be familiar with Kroll. This will be an excellent opportunity to work in a highly efficient, fast paced professional environment while gaining experience.
The Pharmacy Assistant assumes responsibility for supporting the Pharmacists in the preparation of prescriptions, maintenance of drug inventory and cash control systems. Additionally, the candidate interacts with patients over the phone and fulfills their requests. As such, candidates should also be able to work with third-party billing. The ideal candidate should be organized, motivated and committed to exemplary customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist Pharmacists in filling prescriptions and preparing blister packs;
• Assist Pharmacists & other pharmacy staff with packaging and labeling of pharmaceutical products;
• Assist patients picking up prescriptions;
• Verify that customer receives correct prescription(s);
• Answer the phone and respond to inquiries from customers, Screen telephone calls for the Pharmacist;
• Enter, scan and process prescriptions using the pharmacy dispensing software;
• Assist in maintaining prescription records and inventory of medications;
• Assist in maintaining records of pharmaceutical products;
• Prepare and process billings, claims, disbursements and related documents;
• Maintain workflow through effective task prioritization and teamwork;
• Order, receive and maintain inventory of medications;
• Review invoices or other documentation related to supply chain;
• Handle returns and recalls and follow up on credit issued by vendors;
• Maintain a clean and organized workspace and dispensary;
• Check on expiration date and maintain usable inventory on the shelves;
• Delivery of urgently needed prescription medications to vulnerable patients;
• Available on weekdays (morning or evening), weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) and holidays when the store is open;
Knowledge of Kroll considered a strong asset
• AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
• One year experience working in a pharmacy
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs;
• Knowledge of e-commerce and online business management;
• Possess strong interpersonal, accuracy and client services skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
• (Effective organizational skills; attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills.
While we appreciate the interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.