Director of Research
Who We Are:
Connection Lab is a small behavioral research laboratory that operates fully remotely. We aim to produce high-quality research that focuses on increasing people’s well-being. Our focus is on the idea of self-connection, but we also deal with related topics including individuals’ values and meaning in life.
Who We Are Looking For:
Connection Lab is seeking a full-time Director of Research to join our research lab and to help further research on self-connection and well-being. The ideal candidate will bring senior-level experience, strong motivation, and be a self-starter who is able to lead the lab to success.This person will have significant research experience and be able to work alone and in a team to complete research studies and to produce high-quality publications and presentations.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
● In collaboration with the Founder of the lab, manage a robust research program
● Lead projects from start to finish, including generating research ideas, designing studies, recruiting participants, analyzing data, and disseminating results
● Supervise (and hire, as needed) research staff
● Apply quantitative and qualitative research methods and techniques to support research activities
● Keep current on research that is relevant to the lab’s foci
● Contribute to an ongoing series of publications and presentations resulting from the lab’s research
● Complete other duties, as needed
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Doctoral degree in psychology or a related social or behavioral science field
● At least 5 years, post-PhD, experience in managing research programs and teams
● Experience publishing in peer-reviewed journals and presenting at national conferences
● Comfort working both as a team and independently on various research tasks
● Ability to work entirely remotely on all research tasks and projects
Ideal Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Extensive knowledge of at least one area of positive psychology/well being, broadly defined
● Knowledge of and experience using various data analysis software, including SPSS, R, and NVivo.
● Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to both academic and non-academic audiences
● Experience with mixed methods research, including both qualitative and quantitative designs
● Willingness to represent the lab at regional and national/international research conferences
What You Get:
Should you join us, you will have the chance to make a difference in people’s lives by aiming to increase their well-being. You will be able to do so in a flexible work environment and in an arrangement that best suits your life and professional goals. For your hard work, you will receive competitive compensation that includes a generous benefits package.
If this sounds like you, please send a letter of interest and a current CV to