Job title: Material Handler
Job location: San Diego CA-92121
Job Duration: 11+ Month
Pay rate: $21/hour. On w2
Shift: - M - F 8:30AM-5Pm
Will primarily be responsible to work on tasks that are routine in nature where limited judgment is required. Normally receives detailed instructions on most work assignments. Pulls materials from inventory locations. Will package customer orders for shipment and process them by use of automated or manual carrier shipping systems. Performs cycle counting of materials and prepares daily shipments by stocking multiple locations with shipping supplies as well as keeping the warehouse orderly and organized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sorts customer orders properly, picks products from inventory locations, verifies other associate product pulls, and prepares goods for final shipment in accordance to product temperature shipping requirements, as instructed.
• Packs orders requiring dry ice refrigerant as directed.
• Process daily outbound customer orders using automated carrier or manual shipping systems.
• Replenishes daily, consumable shipping supplies, copier paper, foam boxes, and other consumable supplies as assigned in their work environments such as workstations, cold rooms, or warehouses etc.
• Helps to prepare and maintain records of merchandise shipped such as Transfer Orders, Shipping Letters of Instructions, Export Declarations, etc.
• Picks up and delivers materials and components as directed.
• Signs for materials received, checks goods against packing slips and seeks direction when materials do not match or are damaged. May be required to apply product labeling for materials.
• Process and deliver materials to appropriate personal.
• Performs cycle count and responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy within company set goals.
• Notifies Supervisor of damaged or mixed materials.
• Participates in required training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work and
• brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
• Helps to process invoices for international orders in SAP system, and assists in preparation of shipping documentation for domestic shipments as directed.
• Communicates daily progress and notifies problem situations to the Team Lead or Supervisor in a timely manner.
• Maintains shipping and warehouse areas in a clean and orderly manner.
• May be required to operate a forklift and/or Company vehicle as directed.
• Provides accurate, timely, and courteous service to all customers.
• Follows Biosciences Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policies and procedures. Takes responsibility for safety in immediate work area. Participates in EH&S programs. Notifies supervisors of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment.
• Performs other related duties and assignments as designated by Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Must have good inter-personal and communication skills.
• Ability to utilize computer systems, Excel, Word, other software packages. Familiarity with SAP a plus.
• Ability to follow established policies and procedures. Basic arithmetic skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide), read, write and clearly communicate verbally with associates.
• Ability to routinely lift up to 35 pounds.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Typically requires a high school diploma and 0-2 years’ experience in materials distribution (shipping/receiving/inventory), or equivalent combination of related education and experience. Shipping of temperature sensitive products is a plus.