Position id: ((642124)
Chelsea Office: 200 Arlington Street, Chelsea, MA
Rate: 14-15/hr max on w2
Contract: 6 months
The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security is seeking to hire a Mail Clerk to be part of our mail services team at our Chelsea Office: 200 Arlington Street. This role will be onsite.
The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security is seeking to hire a Mail Clerk to be part of our mail services team at our Chelsea Office: 200 Arlington Street. The Mail Clerk will be responsible for operating a mail inserter, catching from the sorter and keeping accurate accounting logs of all postage being used. The Mail Clerk will be working with the sorter team to produce a daily bulk mailing to insure proper postal discounts are obtained. The Clerk is expected to perform accurate record keeping of postal meter logs and production reports as well as prepare and account for outgoing mailings
The primary work location for this role will be 200 Arlington Street, Chelsea MA. Training will be Monday to Friday from 7:00am till 3:00pm. You will be assigned a permanent work schedule after training is complete. *Schedules are subject to change based on the operational needs of the business*. This role is expected to perform after hours support as authorized and required.
All offers of employment into this position are conditional and subject to passing: a Massachusetts Criminal Background Check (CORI); a security clearance (fingerprinting) consistent with IRS and/or public safety requirements; and security training. A valid driver’s license is required.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Operate mail inserting machines:
o perform preventative maintenance
o make corrective adjustments
• Prepare, post, and account for multiple types of deliverables that do not fit into daily bulk mailing
• Keep running inventories of stock used for mail that is being produced
• Comply with change management policy and procedure
• Complete all work assigned within a given time frame
• Assume clerical and operational responsibilities of group leader during absence
• Ability to drive the courier route, if needed (this will require a valid driver’s license)
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• One to three years of experience in mailroom activities
• Experience with mail processing equipment
• Knowledge of postal item record management policies and procedures; ability to establish, use and maintain accurate and up-to-date postal item records for an organization
• Physical Effort: Ability to lift and/or push/pull 50 lbs. and stand long hours on your feet.
• Proven ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment
• Demonstrated competency in basic computer skills including proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Proven customer service/relation skills
• Competency in performing multiple functional tasks
• Demonstrated flexibility in accepting assignments and taking initiative where needed
• Demonstrated ability to actively support positive teamwork and work -place environment
• Ability to re-stock and keep a tidy workspace
• High energy and detail-oriented