Purpose- Assist clients to achieve financial stability by helping them understand how to reach their financial goals and build assets.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. In accordance with program services, works with clients on developing a case plan which includes an assessment of their current financial situation and steps to help them achieve their financial goals. The services provided to these clients may include one-on-one meetings to understand and address financial barriers, as well as design a plan to help overcome these barriers.
2. Meet caseload service level performance standards while following guidelines for program delivery and performance. Guidelines to include: high-touch case management, monthly outreach to clients, contacting creditors on behalf of clients, contacting credit reporting agencies to update clients' credit reports, and working closely with Legal Aid of Nebraska.
3. Provide community resources and assist clients to obtain the resources.
4. Assist and/or conduct financial education classes and workshops throughout the community as well as within Family Housing Advisory Services.
5. Fosters the development and maintenance of good working relationships with clients, other agency partners, and coworkers.
6. Become a certified financial counselor, with provided education and training.
7. Appears at the office and/or field assignment on time and on a regular basis, and be able to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and one Saturday a month.
8. Provide outreach to agencies, community organizations, schools, and public entities, where potential clients may be identified to offer services provided by the agency.
9. Handles essential tasks as assigned.
Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred
Associate degree or equivalent experience in one or more of the following: banking, mortgage industry, collections, account recovery work, credit report review, background in case management or financial coaching, or other related fields.
Demonstrated ability to ensure delivery of program services, and work independently of direct supervision.
Ability to work with, and advocate for individuals with diverse backgrounds and diverse points of view.
Ability to adapt to change productively.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, flexibility in responding to unique situations, and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Computer literacy required in all Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Access, and Word)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 - $17.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Financial Concepts: 1 year (Preferred)
Case management: 1 year (Preferred)
financial counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
Temporarily due to COVID-19
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Plastic shield at work stations
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place