Responsible for coordinating all the steps of the loan closing and funding process and for managing a pipeline of more complex loans and a larger volume of loans. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
PAY RATE: $24-32/hour.
BONUS: Avg $4000 bonus monthly.
• Responsible for a pipeline of complex loans and a large volume of loans; prioritizing loans in a timely and efficient manner and preparing CD
• Ensures loans are handled efficiently, independently, and with minimal error.
• Provide support to Closers and other team members by providing mentorship, assisting with problem-solving and helping with escalated issues.
• Collaborates with title/escrow companies to balance fees, routes Mock CDs to appropriate parties, and issues CD to borrowers upon approval.
• Follows established procedures and meets turn times in SLA, ensuring collaboration with title and quality/accuracy of all documents; escalates issues as necessary. Communicates changes effectively and regularly with teammates and management.
• Prepares documents by following established procedures published in YODA for both Wet and Dry funding states.
• Promptly replies to emails, stays updated on all process/system changes, and ensures CDs or document packages have been sent daily, adheres to fluctuating CD processing minimums as set by management.
• Ensures files and documents meet company, investor, and compliance requirements; confirms that documents are drawn within posted turn times and consistently meet deadlines.
• Verifies several aspects of the documentation and process including, but not limited to: property addresses, wire information for funding, information on insurance policies, all fees, impound, and MI. Ensure documents correspond to the correct program and investor.
• Coordinates and communicates with the processing and underwriting department for correcting and completing the files.
• Develops in-depth knowledge of the entire loan life cycle in order to fully understand the implication of the work of the closing function; proficient with the document management system.
• Accurately file documents and information in the system and ensures all information is complete and accurate. Uses checklists and other job aides as necessary to accurately complete all required information.
• Confirms verifies and orders funding wire ensuring timely disbursement; reviews fully executed closing documents for disbursement authorization; follows established procedures for both Wet and Dry states.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
• High School degree or equivalent required
• Minimum of 1+ year of related frontline closing experience required.
• Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring, and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
• Develops and maintains respect for all employees and management.
• Exercises initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines, and department parameters.
• Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
• Effective communication with internal departments and clients.
• Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Basic math skills: the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
You will need to answer the following questions when you apply to this job.
• If other LOS, please list:
• How many years of experience do you have working with Encompass?
• Are you responsible for preparing and reviewing closing disclosures?
• What compensation level do you need in your next role?
• Can you pass a background check or credit check going back seven years?
• Do you have any gaps in employment on your resume?
• Please explain gaps in employment.
• Is there any employer on your resume where you are not rehireable?
• When is a good time to connect?
• How many loans do you close each month?
• How do you organize your work to proactively monitor closing dates?
• Have you ever been counseled for not meeting productivity expectations?
• Please explain productivity challenges if any.
• Who do you most frequently communicate with to manage "due to fund" files?
• Are you proficient with AUS & different types of LOS systems?
• Which of the following LOS are you proficient with?
• Full Name
• Contact Email
• Contact Phone
• What is your highest level of education?
• How many years have you been working as a Loan Closer/Funder in the mortgage industry?
• When was the last time you closed/funded a loan?
• How strong is your knowledge of FHA and FNMA policies and guidelines?
• Which types of loans have you done closing/funding for?
• What percentage of your processing has been refi vs new purchases in the past 2 years?
• What is your monthly funding volume?