Land Surveyor - Milwaukee
Job Category: Land Surveyor
Department: Civil Engineering
Experience: 10+ years
Education: Associates Degree in Land Surveying
Salary Range: $65,000 - $95,000
Bloom is currently seeking a senior-level land surveyor with expert knowledge in general surveying principles. This position will present an opportunity for future promotion to a Survey Group Manager position; if that is a route you are interested in pursuing. You are highly encouraged to apply to this position whether or not management is your preferred route. Our family of engineers, surveyors, and field technicians is growing; and we would love the chance to see if you fit in with the culture we have built. We have developed a mentor-mentee culture that allows us to all share our experiences with one another; and in return we can all grow personally and professionally. Where you have shortcomings, others in the company may have strengths. Keep that in mind as you read through our (non-required) additional qualifications below. We see value in anything you can bring to the table; even if it’s something other than what we have listed here.
• Wisconsin Registered Land Surveyor (RLS, PLS).
• 10+ years of experience
• Knowledge of topographic and construction surveying, boundary and
control surveying, ALTA/ACSM Surveys, and Right-of-Way plats
• Knowledge of all common surveying equipment required to complete the
• Knowledge of Trimble GPS and Total Station Systems; or personal
equipment available for use/rent by Bloom to accommodate your work
• Experience processing survey data in AutoCADD.
• Ability to accurately assign a level of effort and approximate cost
to all types of survey jobs.
• Ability to work independently or in team setting to complete all
assigned project tasks
• Good decision-making skills, flexibility, focus on quality and
attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
Additional Qualifications (Not Required)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Survey
• PE License
• Experience with drones, unmanned aerial systems or terrestrial based
• Additional specialty surveying services not listed here.
• Experience searching for, vetting, and pursuing new project
• Management experience or experience leading others in a survey group
• Additional drafting and typical survey/design document preparation
• Additional software experience including Microsoft Office software
(Excel, Word and Power Point), Adobe software (Acrobat), and
additional CADD software such as MicroStation and Civil3D.
• OSHA 30-hour Certification
• OSHA Confined Space Entry Certification
Assist, under the direction of Bloom leadership, in all survey tasks required for each unique project. This is dependent upon skill level and experience, but may include:
• Assist the Civil Group Manager in the preparation of proposals for
new work. This may include determining the level of surveying effort
required to complete a job and drafting the project approach.
• Working with existing staff to properly coordinate efforts to ensure
project schedules and deliverables are being met.
• Communicating and tracking receipt of planning print and utility
marking needs with Digger’s Hotline, the land owner, and other
utilities or authorities impacted by the project.
• Collecting general property information, historic land use
information, plats, as-builts, boring logs, and other documents
required for the surveying efforts and/or to support the design
• Conducting site visits and general data collection efforts to
support the design.
• Completing surveying efforts to support design or construction.
• Processing surveys in CADD software independently and/or in
coordination with the design team.
• Completing additional project documents such as field reports,
existing condition reports, etc.
• Ensure quality control activities are performed for all assigned
work and back check work of others
• Stamping/Sealing survey drawings, as needed.
• Interact and communicate effectively with Bloom leadership, design
team members, clients, project owners, and other project
• Attend project meetings and represent the company professionally.
• Participate in Bloom’s mentor/mentee culture.
Compensation - Commensurate with experience
If you are a career oriented, highly motivated individual, interested in being part of a growing firm, we want to hear from you. Please email your resume to .
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and growth opportunities. Bloom Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.