The Oregon State Hospital, a division of the Oregon Health Authority, has a fantastic opportunity for a REHABILITATION THERAPIST to join an excellent team working to help people recover from their illness and return to their lives in the community. Sound intriguing? Apply today!
What you will do!
You will provide clinical groups within the Treatment Mall!
You will coordinate with the overall clinical Treatment Mall programming goals!
You will participate in ongoing interdisciplinary assessments for patients on caseload!
You will provide rehabilitation services and interventions derived from individualized treatment plans!
You will complete clinical assessments in accordance with the OSH, and professional standards!
You will develop and write Program Plans for each group or treatment service conducted as established by OSH policies!
What's in it for you?
• Full-time employment in the heart of Salem, Oregon
• A position where your input and contributions impact the citizens of Oregon
• 8 hours of vacation leave and 8 hours of sick leave per month
• Nearly unbeatable medical, vision, and dental benefits
• Pension and retirement programs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
To qualify for this position, you must meet all requirements listed for Art Therapist or CTRS:
• You must have a Master's degree in Art Therapy, AND
• Be registered as an Art Therapist or provisional (ATR-P) by Art Therapy Credentials Board, Inc. or acquire registration or provision within first 6 months;
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
• You must have a Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation/ Recreational Therapy, AND
• Be certified as a CTRS through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification or acquire certification within first 6 months;
• Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
• Knowledge basic computer skills and a willingness to learn new technologies as they are introduced into the workplace.
• Knowledge specific to carrying out treatment programs based on program plans and select appropriate activities to meet treatment goals and evaluate effectiveness.
• Knowledge specific to providing rehabilitation services and interventions derived from individualized treatment plans.
• Knowledge specific to providing support or leading clinical group.
• Knowledge specific to tracking and reporting patients' progress toward their individual treatment goals.
• Knowledge specific to reassessing patient treatment goals by modifying, adapting, and progressively updating an Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan as an active member of an Interdisciplinary Treatment Team.
• Knowledge specific to developing and writing Program Plans for individual groups or treatment services conducted as established by policies and coordinating these plans with the overall clinical programming goals.
• Knowledge specific to completing clinical assessments in accordance with Art or Recreational Therapy professional standards.
• Ability to Plan, organize and evaluate effectiveness and in relation to program needs and department needs.
• Ability to participate in ongoing interdisciplinary assessments for patients on caseload.
• Ability to adjust schedule as needed to meet clinical, program, and accreditation requirements.
How to apply:
Complete the online application online at oregonjobs.org using job number REQ-58973