We will also assist you in getting your guard card if you don't have it!
Do you love your town of Tempe, AZ? Do you like to earn money helping people? We do too! If you are community minded and have an outgoing personality we'd like to talk to you!
We offer awesome benefits such as:
Great weekly pay
Great company culture
Vacation and Sick Time
Safety Ambassadors patrol Downtown Tempe and Tempe Town Lake on foot and/or bike as a deterrent to and being on the lookout for unwanted behavior and activity, while providing information, assistance and directions to downtown workers, residents and visitors.
• SERVING AS A DETERRENT- Traverse the streets to circulate through assigned zone to deter unwanted activity through uniformed visible presence.
• OBSERVE AND REPORT– While on patrol be watchful for unwanted behaviors or criminal activity and report to local authorities via established communication methods. Must be able to articulate an accurate description of persons, vehicles, and other similar identifiers.
• ADDRESS UNWANTED ACTIVITIES -Ambassadors will firmly and courteously request compliance to persons violating low level quality of life crimes, such as aggressive panhandling, non-aggressive panhandling, loitering, disruptive behavior, etc.
• HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE –While on patrol will go out of the way to actively acknowledge pedestrians with a friendly greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations.
• STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS- Ambassadors will be responsible for making a specified number of visits to district businesses to share information and make professional contacts on behalf of the customer.
• REPORTING– Must be able to develop written Incident Reports and Property Condition Reports. As well, Ambassadors must provide a daily written report to document shift activities
• PROFESSIONALISM– Must maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of expected professionalism.
• Must have the physical capacity to ride a bike or traverse continuously during an eight hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen minutes, and one thirty minute meal break).
• Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather gear.
COMMUNICATION- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports.
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
Block by Block is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
Block by Block has a strong culture of safety and we work hard to keep everyone safely working with all the necessary personal protective equipment necessary to do our jobs.