Position Summary: Bartenders are responsible for ensuring that all guests have the highest quality dining experience possible. Will prepare and pour all beverages accurately for guests and servers. Handles all transactions timely and accurately and is responsible for adhering to all cleaning and sanitation guidelines.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Exhibits strong menu, beverage and wine knowledge.
2. Consistently follows the steps of the service cycle as outlined in the Brand standards.
3. Ensures timing and flow of service are correctly paced.
4. Completes all assigned side work.
5. Knowledgeable of fine wine and liquor.
6. Adheres to state liquor laws.
7. Responsible for various administrative tasks including maintaining par levels, submitting, daily/weekly orders, and conducting inventory counts.
8. Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis.
9. Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to ensure product quality.
10. Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest, including those served by beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
11. Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies the validity of charges, and records charges.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience as a bartender. Bartending experience in an up-scale restaurant preferred.
● Current certification in a nationally recognized program concerning the service of alcohol or able to be obtained upon being hired.
● Certification from the state Professional Food Handler Program or able to obtain
● Previous beverage inventory experience preferred.
● Able to multitask and handle high volume service demands.
● Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
● Ability to be on one’s feet for a prolonged period of time.
● Proficiency in reading and communication in English.
● At least 21 years of age.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.