Position Summary: Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and brand standards, while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Prepares ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping and storing food.
2. Wash and peel fresh fruit and vegetables.
3. Weigh, measure and mix ingredients.
4. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist.
5. Prepare cold foods.
6. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
7. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
8. Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down station.
9. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles.
10. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives and equipment.
11. Check and ensure the corrections of the temperature of appliances and food.
12. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
13. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures, report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the manager; complete safety training and certifications.
Education: High school diploma or GED plus 2 years’ restaurant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and ability.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a line cook and/or prep cook
● Requires the ability to lift, carry push, pull and place objects weighing less or equal to 25 lbs. without assistance.
● Position requires extended periods of walking and standing.
● Able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills a plus.
● Able to work in a team and be detailed oriented.
● Computer skills helpful in position.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.