Position Summary: A Server greets and takes food and drink orders from restaurant guests, serving the orders and accommodating special needs/requests. Remains attentive to the customers throughout the entire dining experience, adhering to or exceeding service standards.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Exhibits a strong menu, beverage and wine knowledge.
2. Takes orders, retrieves and serves alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and meals to guests courteously and efficiently according to hotel standards.
3. Keep chairs and tables clean and clear of debris.
4. Ensure that all silver and glasses are wiped and spotless.
5. Enters all sales in POS system without errors.
6. Makes sure all food and beverage served is accounted for on the final bill that is presented to the guest.
7. Adheres to state liquor laws.
8. Keeps the chefs and managers informed of any issue that might affect quality of service or timing.
9. Handles all opening and closing duties required to operate the restaurant, including but not limited to ensuring that all stocking is done, tables are properly set, the dining room is clean, break down and set up buffets, and resets in dining space.
10. Process checks in compliance with cash handling, credit card and room charge policies and procedures.
11. May assist in the delivery of VIP amenities and other assigned duties.
12. Completes daily side work assignments.
13. Must be able to multitask and handle high volumes service demands.
14. The Team member will be cross-trained in other restaurants including Evoq, the Roof Bar and Restaurant, Room Service and Banquets.
15. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate.
Education: High school diploma or GED plus 2 years’ guest service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and ability.
Experience: Minimum of 1-year server experience
● Proficiency in reading and communicating in English.
● Current certification in ServSafe or other nationally recognized Food Handler Program or able to obtain upon being hired.
● Current certification in TIPS or other nationally recognized program in the service of alcohol or able to obtain upon being hired.
● At least 21 years of age.
● Ability to be on one’s feet for prolonged periods of time.
● Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.