Position Summary: Room attendant is dedicated to providing a consistent and exceptional guest experience by ensuring all guest expectations of guest room cleanliness and service standards are met and or exceeded. Maintain a clean and welcoming work environment at all times including Heart of House and guest areas while demonstrating a courteous, warm and professional attitude.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Complete daily assignment within an 8-hour period.
2. Clearly able to assist guests with Westin Brand Programs.
3. Clean and maintain all guest rooms and surrounding section areas including doors, frames, walls, baseboards to Westin Brand standards.
a. Ensure all rooms are completed to Westin Brand Standard
i. Departure, Stayover, MAGC (Make a Green Choice) Service
b. All defects are reported
4. Load and organize room attendant cart.
5. Maintain a clean and organized cart.
6. Maintain a clean and organized Heart of Housework area including floor linen and storage lockers.
7. Exercise safe work practices within job function based on company guidelines at all times
a. Slips and falls
b. Proper Lifting
d. PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
e. Blood-borne Pathogens
f. Sharps/broken glass
8. Adhere to all guidelines pertaining to lost and found and suspicious activity.
Education: High School or GED is preferred
Experience: Prior Housekeeping experience is preferred, but not required.
Hours required must be able to work holidays and weekends.
Hours may vary based on occupancy levels and hotel needs.
• Ability to clearly understand and communicate with guests
• Must be able to complete a minimum of 16 room credits
• Ability to push, pull, lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Ability to push/maneuver cart of up to 250 lbs.
• Ability to bend, kneel and stretch
• Ability to walk/stand for extended periods of time
• Free motion of arms, above the waist
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.