Position Summary: The Area Marketing Manager supports the e-commerce, digital, sales, social, reputation management and online marketing needs of 7 hotels within the Kolter Hospitality portfolio, ensuring that all efforts are made to maximize production from online channels to achieve Hotel revenue objectives.
This position is stationed at the Westin Sarasota in Sarasota, FL. Remote work and travel within the state of Florida will be required in order to represent the 6 other hotels located on both the East and West Coasts of Florida.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide on-going digital support and guidance to property Directors of Sales / Sales teams, Director of Revenue Management and other Hotel disciplines.
2. Share and distribute Brand supported and new Digital Initiatives that add value to the Hotel. Communicate and implement Brand initiatives in timely and effective manger.
3. Direct, educate and assist property in digital best practices, including but not limited to search engine marketing, Online Travel Agency site optimizations, Brand website optimization, online demand general channels, social media, online reputation management and overall online representation.
4. Develop Social Medial strategy on relevant platforms as needed, for Hotel, F&B and Human Resources (Recruiting). Actively post, engage with users, create advertising campaigns, track impact, analyze data and communicate ROI to stakeholders.
5. Develop press releases, prepare information for media kits, and other public relations issues.
6. Manage special events programming throughout the Hotel to gain public attention through the media without advertising directly.
7. Maintain a working knowledge of relevant trends and best practices in digital, sales, business management and finance, so business opportunities can be identified and capitalized on in a continually changing economic and business environment. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to supervisor.
8. Manage photography assets for Hotel, work directly with photographer to build shot lists and be on property during photo shoots to assist and manage Hotel staff.
9. Ensure that all paid search campaigns are optimized and are performing at desired levels.
Education Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, marketing, business or related field from a four-year college or university or high school diploma or GED plus 5 years’ sales related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and ability.
Experience: Knowledge of digital & e-commerce principles and practices in the Hotel or comparable industry, including search engine marketing, social media, demand generation channels, online reputation management and overall online representation.
Hours required: Scheduled days and time vary based on hotel needs. May be required to work weekends.
Ability to read, write and speak English.
Ability to provide friendly guest service with a smile.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.