Are you a Pharmacy Technician interested in working for the State of Oregon? Would you like to be part of team focused on Continuity of Care in a Mental Health inpatient setting? If so, this is the job for you!
What you will do!
You will provide pharmacy department support.
You will utilize automated dispensing cabinets and integrated pharmacy electronic health records to optimize the medication inventory.
You will fill, deliver, and maintain medication inventory throughout OSH Hospital system.
You will repackage medication from bulk containers into unit dose.
You will assist the pharmacists in preparation and distribution of medication orders.
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• One year of training and/or experience demonstrating the knowledge of:
o medical terminology and abbreviations;
o pharmaceutical terms and drug names (generic and trade);
o mathematics to compute dosages and rate of drug use; metric system, weights, and volume;
o inventory control procedures;
o pharmaceutical and supplies ordering procedures;
o pharmaceutical storage and maintenance procedures;
• Experience with the principles of record keeping;
• Must be currently registered as a Pharmacy Technician through the Oregon State Board of Pharmacy.
• Must maintain the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT) or National Healthcare Association (ExCPT).
How to apply:
• Complete the online application online at oregonjobs.org using job number REQ-58778