As a member of the Engineering Department, the electrical engineer is responsible for the maintenance of existing and design of new electrical components used in the manufacturing process. This includes specification reviews, development program times lines and reports, design reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation packages, preproduction builds and transfers to production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in the review and approval of contractor plans, including goals and objectives, work breakdown structure, detailed descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach, milestone descriptions, budgets and crewing needs.
• Provides technical direction other members of management.
• Prepares briefing for senior management.
• Assists in problem resolution specific to programs/projects.
• Experience with 13,800 volts and power distribution systems.
• Designs and tests electrical systems.
• Comply with MSHA safety and health rules
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
• Experience in design, repair, and anaylsis of electrical systems.
• Must have exposure to electrical engineering design principles and methodologies.
• Experience with contractual related project/work environment, in providing engineering support to electrical maintenance and modification systems.
• Experience in establishing process and guidelines for electrical design.
• Experience in working with analog circuit simulation tools.
• Knowledge of CAD software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience.