Psychiatry Program Director (SA197843) Charleston, South Carolina as
Feb 15, 2021
This national health system Medical Center is seeking a board-certified Psychiatrist
to become the Founding Program Director for a New Psychiatry Residency Program in Charleston, SC!
The health system has an opportunity for a founding Program Director to build a new Psychiatry Residency Program in Charleston, SC to open in July of 2022. Preliminary plan is for 4 residents per year, with a full complement of 16 for the 4-year program. The Program Director is responsible for the leadership, organization, operation, and the general administration of the Psychiatry Residency Program. The Program Director will establish the strategic direction of the program and is responsible for its standards, quality and reputation. The Program Director will integrate the Psychiatry Residency Program into our already established GME foundation, physician practices, and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality, and that promotes an optimal environment for medical education and professional practice. Currently our GME program has Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine and General Surgery residency programs.
This program is to be housed in a 321-bed major medical center providing comprehensive range of services and specialties, including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. For more than 40 years, The Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties.
* Must be Board Certified by the ABPN or AOBNP
* Must have a minimum of 3 years post-residency participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited psychiatry residency program, (Core Faculty designation is a plus)
* Must have a minimum of 3 years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment, (Associate Program Director or previous Program Director experience a plus)
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong team building skills
* Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
Hours and Compensation:
* Full time position with protected non-clinical Admin Time of 20 hours per week
* Employment with competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including 401K plan and more.
IN 2018 TRAVEL and LEISURE MAGAZINE VOTED CHARLESTON, SC THE NO. 1 CITY IN THE UNITED STATES AND NO. 10 CITY IN THE WORLD. Branded as an extraordinary coastal city, rich in history and traditions, Charleston, South Carolina has earned national and international recognition of distinction in economic development, access to global markets, tourism, medical care and entrepreneurial opportunity. With its diverse economic mix the area continues to grow; yet its rich, historic charm and cultural sophistication are evident throughout the city. These distinguishable qualities have established the foundation which has lead Charleston to the forefront of cities created with innovation, creativity and a steadfast commitment to building excellence for the future. The region also boasts a multi-billion dollar visitor industry, one of the Southeast's most impressive medical hubs, a well-established base of national and international manufacturers, as well as a large military presence. In addition, arts, recreational and cultural opportunities are abundant.
Boasting a comfortable climate, a great location, historical charm and a variety of resources, the Charleston area is one of the best places to live in the nation.
The metropolitan area is comprised of Charleston, Berkeley and Dorchester counties, and stretches some 50 miles inland, with 90 miles of oceanfront.