Eden Foods – Clinton, Michigan (Lenawee County) seeks full-time mechanic with experience in tractor/trailer, passenger cars, light duty trucks and equipment. Paid time off, competitive benefit package, and 401K match available. Mechanic certification for automotive and light duty trucks as well as tractor/trailers. CDL A preferred. Good equipment, benefits, work, people, and food.
Position: Fleet Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Fleet Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all company vehicles (class A tractor/trailer, passenger cars and light duty trucks) and company power equipment (hi-los and forklifts). This includes scheduled maintenance and issues that may arise.
2. Keep diagnostic tools well maintained and software up to date
3. Maintain mechanic certification and licenses
4. Maintain an organized, safe and sanitary work environment
5. Maintain records for each piece of equipment or vehicle; include maintenance and repairs performed, licensing and registration as required by state and federal laws
6. Assist with arrangement for the purchase and delivery of vehicles and equipment to all departments
7. Perform physical inspections and road tests on each vehicle before it is returned to user departments; perform inspection on tools and equipment before it is returned to user departments
8. Seeks out alternative products that support the company’s position on environmental issues
1. High school diploma or five years’ work experience in fleet maintenance
2. State certification for the air brake system
3. A current CDL with a class “A” endorsement preferred
4. A State of Michigan Motor Vehicle Mechanic Certificate for Master Heavy Duty Truck preferred. Additional endorsements for Automotive and Light Truck Repair (engine repair; front end; suspension & steering systems; brakes and braking systems; and electrical systems)
5. Computer aptitude – Microsoft Office (Excel and Word primarily) and Email; Knowledge of heavy-duty truck software or ability to learn software
6. Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive or compete explanation of all duties and responsibilities. Employees are required to perform duties as may be assigned. Eden Foods reserves the right to modify job duties and responsibilities as circumstances require. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.