Part of the project DevOps team to take on the exciting and challenging role of delivering and maintaining a large-scale project using AGILE software development methodology.
· Work with the application development team to define the application data model and work on tuning and optimizing database related operation.
· Provides production support and responsible for the resolution of database related issues and duty rotation for after-office-hours support.
· Provides support to application team on database related matters (e.g. data patching, application deployments, extracting data from database for reporting)
· Plan and strategize data mapping for migration of data from legacy systems to support the deployment of the project, ensuring no data loss during conversion.
· Review data mapping/conversion/integration specs between systems to ensure appropriate mapping quality and adherence to modelling strategies.
· Ensures timeliness and accuracy of data sync during co-existence with legacy systems.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining database-related codes / scripts such as data sync scripts, data masking scripts, stored procedures etc.
· Ensure database services and servers availability
· Install and configure Oracle Database and associated products
· Provide operational support including
- Ensuring Oracle database patches are performed in accordance to the patch release cycle
- Reviewing and maintaining of database accounts
- Monitoring and optimising database performance, such as optimising queries, creating indexes etc.
- Configuring RMAN backup on database
- Ensuring Oracle database is hardening in accordance to standards