Caring Matters Home Care is looking for Caregivers or personal care aides, to work in their clients’ homes. These professionals help people with daily activities such as bathing and housework. Caregivers care for clients who need personal assistance for medical reasons, a disability, illness or advanced age. They are vital to the clients they serve and perform an important function.
Caregiver skills and qualifications
Caregivers are skilled in a wide variety of tasks. Caregivers need several specialized skills, qualifications and attributes such as:
• Empathy and the ability to care for the client's social, emotional, physical and mental health
• Proficient with the proper handling of medications
• Ability to multi-task, be flexible and organized
• Ability to remain calm and handle any emergencies that may arise
• Exceptionally patient, good at listening and responding to others' needs
• Proficient in some domestic chores such as preparing meals and cleaning.
• Trained in specialized areas of care, for example, dementia or Alzheimer's disease
• Have 2 years verifiable experience
• Obtain PPD & Clearances
• Show a valid Driver’s License
• Provide proof of vehicle ownership
• Conduct themselves in a professional manner