Pierce Firm, PLLC (Certified Public Accountant – CPA) is located in Fayetteville, Arkansas and is seeking an Audit Senior to join our growing accounting firm to manage the day-to-day operations of the tax team. Employees at our firm have growth and development opportunities. Qualified candidates for the Audit Senior Position will have a minimum of 4 years of experience in a public accounting as a CPA and filing individual and business taxes in an accounting firm, be self-motivated and organized, and excel in communication and building rapport with clients.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Compensation: Base Salary + Discretionary Bonuses – salary range from $55,000 and up, based on experience + Employee Evaluations and Merit Increases
• Vacation: 3 Weeks Paid Vacation + 9 Paid Holidays
• Healthcare: Healthcare Allowance for Employee
• Retirement: Employer Match for Employee Contributions
• Lead the tax team and manage the day-to-day through assistance and com
completion of individual, business, and non-profit tax returns.
• Collaborate, guide, and assist tax accountants within the firm with tax questions, returns, deadlines, estimated tax payments, and other tax-related tasks.
• Review and confirm the inputs used in federal and state tax returns for the tax team.
• Request, input, and review tax returns from individual and business clients and process in a timely and accurate manner.
• Work with clients to provide tax planning strategies to prepare and estimate taxes.
• Prepare tax returns, estimate taxes due or owed, and identify tax savings and strategies to help meet clients’ goals.
• Call or draft response letters to the IRS and state, when needed.
• Clearly communicate with clients and ensure their understanding of filing, payments, or reporting deadlines.
• Ensure clients receive exceptional service through accuracy, communication, confidentiality, and timely task completion.
• Consistently meet tax, reporting, and filing deadlines throughout the year.
• Compile and review realization reports for clients and Pierce Firm.
• Resolve or escalate any client issues or challenges.
• Complete continuing education requirements and maintain knowledge of federal, state, and local taxes and regulations.
• Communicate with customers via phone and email.
• Become familiar and comply with Pierce Firm’s policies, procedures, manuals, forms, and relevant software.
• Manage information flow with clients to ensure information comes in timely.
• Assign tax returns to senior and staff and oversee timely completion.
• Minimum of 4 Years of Experience in a public accounting firm – prefer previous experience as a Tax Manager or Tax Senior
• Must be a Certified Public Accountant and have a minimum of 4 years of tax experience completing individual and business tax returns
• Strong numeracy skills, detail-oriented, and skilled in meeting deadlines and prioritizing
• Maintain client confidentiality and privacy
• Interact, communicate, and build rapport with the tax team and clients
• Pass a background check and drug-screening
• Positive attitude and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Thrive in a fast-paced office environment that works individually and as a team
• Tech-savvy: Excel at using a computer, email, Microsoft Excel, and accounting applications
• Problem solving, conflict resolution, and trouble-shooting skills
• Detail-oriented and able to organize, prioritize, focus, and complete tasks
Pierce Firm, PLLC is a full service certified public accounting firm (CPA), with a wealth of knowledge in tax, auditing, and business services (payroll and bookkeeping). The partners each have over 16 years of accounting experience and the firm has been established in the Northwest Arkansas (NWA) community for more than 5 years.