Job Title: Systems Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI
Long term contract
This position gathers and documents requirements for a powertrain control system with embedded software from multiple sources and manages the evolution of those requirements throughout the development cycle. It also is responsible to lead the creation and execution of a Design Verification Plan (DVP).
• Identify and maintain high-level feature requirements within a systems engineering requirements management tool, preferably DOORS.
• Analyze the feature requirements for completeness, correctness, conflicts with other feature requirements, and compatibility with other interfacing features and resolve issues with requirement owners.
• Identify and maintain traceability between the feature requirements and the higher-level requirements as well as between the feature requirements and the design artifacts that satisfy those requirements.
• Lead a team responsible for developing an FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) and DVP (Design Verification Plan) that will be used to validate the features.
• Provide single point contact to the other vehicle electronic systems.
• Train other Systems Engineers.
Minimum job requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years’ system engineering experience in the power-train domain with the expertise in Hybrid Torque Management System.
• Knowledge of different automotive sub-systems and their features like fuel delivery, ignition, torque management, variable valve timing, Electric Vehicle & Hybrid Systems, etc.
• Experience creating DFMEA’s and DVP&R’s
• Expertise with IBM Rational DOORS for requirements documentation
• CAN Protocol and CAN message debugging tools
• Must have good communication skills to communicate verbally, through documents, and through electronic media.
Preferred Job Requirements:
• Experienced in control software development using the Model-based development (MBD) approach.
• Hands-on experience with MathWorks and dSPACE toolchain.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office products Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, IBM Rational ALM Tools, Vector Tools.
15 Corporate Pl S, Suite #450
Piscataway Township, NJ 08854
Desk Number: 732-624-6445 Ext:223