Collector needs 2-4 years minimal experience working in Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, Accounts Payable, or Cash Applications.
Ability to work independently and plan extensively to meet goals.
• Ability to maintain accuracy consistency and quality in a fast paced, multi tasked environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong billing reconciliation and accounting skills
• Must demonstrate strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
• Must demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and heavy work volume within time constraints.
• Must be self-motivated and approach tasks with a positive pro-active attitude.
• Must have the eagerness and capacity to learn.
• Must display pleasant, cheerful disposition
• SAP experience preferred.
• Experience dealing with industry account base preferred
Bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting Field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Researches, determines and implements action necessary to resolve inquiries and claims from customers and sales force
• Exercises sound judgment and discretion in making all routine decisions to ensure that all claims are handled accurately and to the satisfaction of both parties.
• Works with Sales and Marketing, Cash Applications and Customer Service to ensure disputed claims is resolved without jeopardizing the customer’s relationship
• Completes monthly assigned collection strategy.
• Handles complex reconciliations of consignment billings and billings with multiple returns associated.
• Reconciles accounts in a credit balance which includes researching and reconciling any open invoices or deductions to ensure validity prior to refunding the customer.
• Works with customers providing backup necessary to resolve and clear any outstanding debit prior to issuing refunds.