Senior Software Developer (Java/ J2EE)
The Senior- Java Developer designs, develops, documents, unit-tests, implements and deploys web-based Java applications to support business requirements. He/ she must follow client’s approved software development life cycle methodologies including Agile, Scaled Agile (SAFe®) and all processes as required from time to time.
A: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Interacts with the business analysis team to understand project requirements.
· Develops overall architecture/ product design documents, technical design specifications for individual modules and technology justifications for architectural considerations.
· Ensure integration of entire system or subsystem. Performs unit testing and assist in developing automation test scripts.
· Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to the helpdesk and/ or maintenance team to help resolve technical issues with production systems by debugging, research and investigation.
· Design and Develop Java and J2EE based web applications using Java frameworks as required by customer.
· Design and Develop secure web services.
· Develop build packages using Maven/ Apache Ant.
· Applies Java and Oracle standard coding practices and industry standards.
· Applies Section 508/ Accessibility Standards compliant software development methodologies.
B: EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Experience in design and development of Java and J2EE based web applications using Java frameworks is required.
· Experience in UI framework tools and technologies is required.
· Experience in designing systems based on Service Oriented Architecture principles. Knowledge of an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and developing/provisioning micro services.
· Working knowledge and experience implementing SAML specification and openSSO library-based authentication services.
· Developing Securing web services using o-Auth or other token-based mechanisms.
· Experience in web browser secure session cookie management.
8+ years of recent experience with the following technologies is required:
· JAVA/ J2EE
· Struts 2/ Angular 2+
· Spring 3.0, EJB 3, Hibernate
· Oracle Weblogic, Apache HTTP
· 3-4 years of experience with the following technologies:
· Oracle Database, SQL/ PL/SQL
· SOAP/ REST, XML, XSD, XLST, WSDL, JAX-WS/CXF
· Maven/ Ant
· JUnit/ JMock/ Selenium
C: EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS and/or MEMBERSHIPS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
Sun/ Oracle Certified Java Programmer desirable
D: COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
This job requires interaction with scientists, program managers, senior executives, end-users, programming staff, administration, and support personnel. The ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts both orally and in written documents is critical. The ability to use reliable and secure equipment and work independently and remotely using digital tools is required. The candidate must have Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills