We are searching for an experienced pork production farmhand familiar with the wean to finish process. This is a full-time position and we ae looking for a long term fit near the Blue Earth/Wells area of Minnesota. This full-time agriculture position requires an early morning start. Please have a reliable vehicle for getting to and from work
Strategic Pork Solutions Offers:
• A competitive wage
• A flexible schedule
• Possible reimbursement for cellphone usage
• Some holidays off
As a pork production manager, you are in charge of assisting in caring for the animals and managing their growth. Some, but not all duties include:
• Feeding the animals
• Maintaining sanitary conditions including showering before entering the barn and changing from your street clothes into your issued coveralls/uniform.
• Organizing the barn office
• Assisting coworkers with their barns
• Administering medication as needed
• Moving the animals following proper animal welfare protocol
• US citizenship
• Clean driving history
• Ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.
• Strong management and organizational skills
• Ability to stand continuously for 6 – 8 hours.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Familiarity with wean to finish processes.
• Mark fat loads to optimize sell weight and sort loss.
• Receive direction from Field Representatives and Owners
• High School diploma (GED or equivalent) preferred
• Some college or university education, majoring in an agricultural or swine production field of expertise.
Please send your resume to SPSHR@bevcomm.net or call 507-553-3338 for more information.