Are you a software developer with lots of database development experience?
Have you worked with large distributed database clusters with high availability?
Have you worked with cloud technologies including DC/OS, Kubernetes, or Elastic Search?
Well, we want to speak with you!
• SQL - preferably MySQL, but we’ll take any;
• NoSQL - we need you to work on large, distributed database clusters with:
o High Availability
o High Redundancy
o examples include Cassandra, CockroachDB, MemSQL, Hadoop, InfluxDB;
• Distributed Cloud Computing using any of the public cloud solutions i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack
o Elastic Search
• Docker and Kubernetes (K8s);
o Bash (we need Bash maybe even more than the driving language);
• A language to drive the DB with examples include Golang, Python; and
• decent host networking (if you are going to fix DB Cluster issues, you’ll need to understand the basics of how machines connect).
Nice to have:
• CI/CD (Jenkins)
• experience with scaling, profiling and performance tuning of database storage
• strong background in multiple storage technologies: network file storage, network attached block storage
• Caches like Redis and memcache
• experience with metrics and logging solutions (Prometheus, ELG stack);
• ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e. possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.
Note 4: Please submit a MS Word version of your resume when applying.