Executive Chef JD
Experienced, creative & passionate, culinary school trained executive chef wanted for NEW multi cuisine restaurant group.
2-5years experience minimum in similar role.
* Should be culinary school trained and/ or have experience with recognised hotel/ restaurant.
* Should be very experienced in food counting & inventory management.
* Should be experienced in ingredient/ raw material sourcing & procurement.
* Should be experienced with multiple cuisines including pastry.
* Should be experienced with working & training large numbers of cooks/ chefs.
* Should be experienced with menu & recipe development.
Starting salary: 240k - 260k/ month (2x promotion after 1year depending on performance)
Interested? Send your CV to
Subject: Executive Chef
* Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
* Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
* Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports.
* Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
* Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas
Core Work Activities
Leading Kitchen Operations for Property:
* Leads kitchen team.
* Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
* Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
* Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
* Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial / business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
* Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
* Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
* Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
* Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
* Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
* Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
* Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
* Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and Activities:
* Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
* Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
* Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
* Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
* Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
* Knows and implements the brand's safety standards.
* Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
* Provides direction for menu development.
* Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
* Recognizes superior quality products and flavour.
* Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
* Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
* Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
* Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
* Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities:
* Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
* Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
* Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations.
* Administers the performance appraisal process
* Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
* Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
* Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
* Provides information to executive teams, managers and supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
* Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.