Description: Our client is a rapidly expanding, innovative specialty frozen foods manufacturer. They are focused on bringing new product ideas in appetizers and finger foods to the USA and European marketplaces. We seek a hands-on, creative, and collaborative food technologist or product development chef who will lead a small team.
Work with sales and marketing for new product ideas and presentation of new products to customers, food service, chain accounts, co-pack industrial customers.
Occasional travel for customer visits, technical seminars, tradeshows. Research USA and Global trends to optimize product appeal and taste and remain “on trend”.
Responsible for all bench top work, production scale up work and product innovation. Support cost savings and/or continuous improvements.
• Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally. Valid passport and driver’s license required.
• 4 plus years professional experience in product development of frozen foods, ideally appetizers, finger foods, and snacks
• Customer focused mind set with ability to work with customers to interpret new product ideas and understand customer needs
• At least one year experience supervising junior food scientists. Strong communication skills and positive leadership skills
• Ability to build and improve on existing department as we are rapidly growing
Compensation: Competitive base salary, bonus, great benefits! Relocation assistance.
Please telephone so we can share more information about the opportunity.