We are looking for JOURNEYMEN TILE SETTERS and APPRENTICES (no experience needed).
This is perfect for you if you want to work FULL TIME for a large and well-established flooring company that offers medical, dental, and life insurance benefits. Plus, there’s plenty of room for growth and raises depending on performance!
We serve all cities in the Bay Area and the Valley.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM JOURNEYMEN TILE SETTERS:
• Skilled at setting tile for commercial and residential projects
• Physical stamina and lift upwards of 50 pounds
• Cut tiles and shape them properly to ensure they fit around obstacles and in tight corners and odd spaces using power and hand tools
• Form tile beds using concrete, plaster, mastic, cement, glue or mortar utilizing tools such as screeds, brushes and trowels or deck mud
• Align tiles and straighten them with straightedges, levels and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise
• Cut, install, polish and surface granite and marble and ensure accuracy during the installation process for lasting results
• Prepare various surfaces for tiling with waterproofing material or lath and by cleaning the surfaces properly and using membrane, kerdi or different brands
• Create decorative wall and floor designs by laying and setting mosaic tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms or regular commercial units, lobbies or common areas
• Tap tiles into place carefully using tools to properly adhere tiles to the base, making sure not to break or damage tiles and ensure quality
• Follow plans precisely and mark and measure surfaces that need to be tiled to complete your layout adequately
• Have reliable transportation and be willing to travel throughout the Bay Area and the Valley for work
(Those interested in being an apprentice must have some experience.)
Pay is $16-$50+ per hour (plus benefits) depending on experience, accuracy, and speed.