This position will be responsible for providing daily engineering support to the Materials Value Stream. The position responsibilities include implementing process improvements on existing polymerization and compounding equipment, implementing cost improvements, performing installation qualification (IQ) for new equipment, and developing new materials. Expertise on processes such as polymerization,
material blending, material drying, weight-loss feeding, compounding, pelletizing, and lean manufacturing are preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Reviewing purchase orders to ensure documentation (e.g. Item/Part #, Bill of Materials (BOM),
Work Instructions, etc.) is established for processing and certifying materials for shipment from an Access database. Creating documentation when not already in existence.
- Developing and improving polymerization and compounding processes for new and existing products.
- Preparing project budgets and monitoring spending through completion of the project.
- Designing and sourcing machines, tooling, and fixtures for new and existing products.
- Working with Value Stream Leaders and Quality Technicians to resolve process issues as they occur.
- Ensuring operators are compliant with all training requirements.
- Assisting with development and implementation of Quality Procedures, Standard Operating
Procedures and other manufacturing related documentation.
- Maintaining accuracy of manufacturing documentation (e.g. Work Instructions, Forms, etc…).
- Responding to customer complaints and initiating action to prevent reoccurrence of nonconformances related to the product, process, service, or the quality system.
- Performing all work within ISO 13485 regulated work environment.
- Four (4) year degree in Engineering with a minimum of three (3) years mechanical and/or
manufacturing engineering experience (preferably in compounding or extrusion of thermoplastic elastomers).
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Meticulous record-keeping capability.
- Ability to lift 55+ lbs on a regular basis.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with little to no supervision.
- High level of initiative and flexibility in adapting to changing needs of a dynamic work environment.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Mini tab and Solid Works experience preferred.