Sr. New Product Development Engineer
Our client, a reputable, growing organization is looking for a Sr. Design Engineer to join their team in Richmond, CA as a full-time employee. The Sr. Design Engineer analyzes, researches, designs, and tests component parts, processes, or systems to develop new core products. This role designs products or systems of diverse/difficult scope and complexity using proven engineering principles. In this role, you will develop and recommend solutions to a variety of complex engineering requirements to ensure that design objectives are met. This role requires a strong grasp of engineering principles as it requires the using hand calculations to plan out a design prior using automated tools such as modeling software. Projects at this level are assigned to develop in-depth knowledge and skills, and to build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers. You will work within engineering and cross-functional teams within and/or across the business unit or division. Must be comfortable with regular customer/supplier interaction. Our client offers a competitive compensation package including bonus, great benefits and relocation assistance!
* MUST HAVE a Mechanical Engineering Degree. Master's Degree preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 10 years of New Product Design Engineering experience.
* Thorough in-depth knowledge of engineering domain principles, concepts, product standards, and techniques, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Ability to apply broad knowledge of other related engineering areas to areas of expertise.
* Product design experience from concept to production - ideally with precision machined parts and assemblies with tight tolerances and high levels of product reliability.
* Hands-on experience in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
* Design for Manufacturing and VAVE skills with demonstrated ability to achieve product cost objectives.
* Experience with formal product development process ( stage gates, FMEA, design reviews, etc. ).
* Experience using basic engineering mathematics to hand-calculate a design prior to formal modeling to predetermine the potential outcome of the design prior to being put into production.
* Demonstrated ability to investigate and implement new technologies.
* Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design (CAD) or modeling systems); ability to use standard software packages. May require capability using specialized software applications or languages.
* Ability to establish individual objectives to complete projects and provide status to the team at project milestones. Ability to effectively influence the overall team and functional objectives.
* Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or marketing/sales teams.
* Flexibility for infrequent (less than 10%) domestic/international travel as needed.
* Semiconductor, Aerospace/Defense, Automotive and/or Medical Devices industry is strongly preferred.