Collections specialist needs Sales or Customer Service experience
Collections specialist requires:
Committed, Smart and Problem Solver
• Intellectually curious about our business, our clients and focused on finding the best solutions.
• Exceptional communication skills: Verbal and Written.
• Excellent negotiation skills - Sales or Customer Service experience preferred
• Function well independently and in a team orientated environment.
• Comfortable forming strong and lasting relationships with clients over the phone.
• Professional and Energetic when dealing with clients; leaving them with a positive experience/impression
• Prioritize work and quickly evaluate a situation to find the best solution for client
Ability to take constructive critique and implement training concepts into your own voice.
Collections specialist duties:
Performs day-to-day activities that ensure effective account management of collection accounts.
• Communicates via phone conversations, email, fax and letters with customers concerning status of invoice payments.
• Performs reconciliations for accounts to maintain accuracy.
• Interfaces with Sales, Operations and Finance departments to resolve billing, collection and credit issues.
• Establishes strong working relationships with field team to support collections efforts.
• Works with customers in a proactive manner to resolve discrepancies.
• Reconciles account status using current and historical invoicing and payment activity analysis.
• Liaison with cash operations regarding cash application specialist to research and reconciles misapplied or payment issues.
• Resolves all overdue account balances, unassigned cash and payment discrepancies through research, communication and follow up with clients or field operations.
• Monitors changes in customer financial status and payment patterns.
• Audits and maintains customer accounts to make sure terms are accurate and customer profiles have current information.