- Primary responsibility is cleaning of the distribution center (75% of duties).
- Perform routine cleaning including vacuuming; sweeping, and mopping floors; dusting, washing walls, doors, and windows, and emptying trash.
- Perform minor preventative maintenance and minor repairs.
- Assist service personnel as needed. Reports major repair and maintenance needs. Assist with snow removal.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Ensures that you have all of the needed janitorial equipment.
- Operates floor scrubber
- Sweeps and vacuums dock plates
- Sweeps and mop sanitation barriers
- Empties trash bins from all locations in the cooler, grocery and loading dock, offices and break areas.
- Empties cardboard and plastic recycling and compacts
- Keeps all areas free of debris such as wood fragments, pallet wrap, labels, and paper.
- Removes empty pallets and clean and mop slots
- Discards leaking product and records on the reconditioning log.
- Reports any violation of company policy to supervisor or lead.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- High School Diploma/GED and/or equivalent related experience.
- Understands Safety guidelines
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment such as floor scrubbers
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required