FACILITATE THE MANAGEMENT AND DEVEVLOPMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND QUALITY SYSTEMS IN A TEAM BASED ENVIRONMENT TO MANUFACTURE AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCTS IN THE MOST EFFICIENT METHODS.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage, support, and evaluate the Quality Control Team according to company policies and procedures. Maintain accepted standards of ethics, business and personal conduct, and adherence to organizational policies in job-related activities.
• Forecast labor requirements and communicate those needs to the Human Resources Department so the appropriate number of associates can be made available.
• Forecast, implement, and monitor department budget and financial activity.
• Develop and motivate Quality Control Team through training, cross-training, and providing continuing educational opportunities necessary to perform all quality control responsibilities. Assist with the development of comprehensive training programs.
• Participate in the recruitment process by interviewing job candidates.
• Plan, coordinate, lead and/or attend meetings related to the efficient operation of MEAA including travel to customer and/or vendor locations to analyze and remedy quality problems; travel on short notice.
• Responsible party for compliance in all Quality and Environmental System requirements upon the Quality Department.
The above description represents the most significant essential duties of this position but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering or other related technical area, plus a minimum of 8 years of experience in quality control in the automotive manufacturing industry, with at least three years in a supervisory/managerial capacity, or equivalent.
• Knowledge of quality control, engineering, metrology, and production methods.
• Detailed/Significant knowledge of statistics, statistical process control and problem solving techniques.
• Must demonstrate strong verbal and written skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and customers.
• Must be able to travel and work extended hours with short notice.
• Certification through the American Society for Quality CQE and CQA, or CSSBB (Certified Six Sigma Black Belt) a plus