Andrology Lab Supervisor-Long Island, NY 11030 GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
We are currently seeking an experienced Andrology Lab Supervisor to join our laboratory team. To be considered you must possess a NYS Clinical Licensed Technologist (CLT) /Medical Licensed Technologist (MLT) Certificate, T. S. in Andrology preferred
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
· Exacting standards, attention to detail and documentation, ability to troubleshoot. excellent communication skills and ability to work independently as well as part of the team are essential.
· Perform and knowledge of laboratory quality control and quality assurance
· Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of staff and trainees. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner.
· Greets patients and follows ID procedures for receipt and processing of semen and serum.
· Performs daily QC and runs hormone assays.
· Ensures specimens are handled in a timely fashion.
· Performs comprehensive semen analysis, including count, motility, progression, morphology, and Halosperm (DNA fragmentation assay).
· Prepares sperm for intrauterine insemination.
· Prepares sperm for IVF standard insemination and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
· Prepares Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspirates (MESA) and Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE) samples for ICSI.
· Prepares reports of laboratory results for the physicians and maintains patient confidentiality.
· Cryopreserves and stores semen and surgically retrieved testicular of epididymal specimens.
· Processes cryopreserved donor and patient semen specimens.
· Maintains liquid nitrogen tanks.
· Maintains patient records both paper and electronic.
· Other Supervisory duties include:
1. Prioritizes, schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational service.
2. Analyzes, recommends, implements and monitors approved work-flow changes.
3. Ensures inventory of supplies.
4. Participates in developing and delivering training related to operations.
5. Participates in evaluating and implementing Quality Control/Performance Improvement related practices.
6. Acts as a resource for performing high complexity testing and demonstrating new, approved techniques.
7. Provides andrology services, as required.