US1289 Newport Meat of Nevada, Inc (Desert Meats)
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This position ensures that all warehouse equipment is maintained in a safe, efficient operating condition. May performs fire inspections.
• Keep up to date on all maintenance records for warehouse equipment
• Perform preventive maintenance for chargers, batteries and power equipment etc on schedule
• Issue POs for all parts ordered on approval per management
• Issue work orders for all work performed
• Other duties as assigned by Management
• Perform light maintenance on trailers to include (but not limited to) replacing lights, repair to interior walls and floors, light welding
• Perform/assist in general maintenance of the building and grounds to include (but not limited to) repairing storage racks, move furniture, erect partitions, basic electrical repairs, basic plumbing repairs
• Perform scheduled monthly fire inspection
• Perform monthly sprinkler inspection
• The position requires a high school diploma/GED or equivalent in experience.
• Must have the ability to read and write English.
• 10 years of technical experience in mechanics & electronics is preferred.
• Work is medium to heavy in nature.
• The employee must be able to safely lift 50 lbs. - 75 lbs. occasionally.
• Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity.
• There may be sufficient noise requiring the employee to shout in order to be heard.
• You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction.
• Trailer back up forklift operation requires distance vision.
• In addition, you must be able to perform a manual task, hear, stand, sit, reach, bend, communicate and interact with others.
• Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside.
• The employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work.
• Hazardous conditions exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current and working in high places.
Forklift, floor scrubber, and pallet jack.
Additional equipment may include scissor lift, semi-tractor/trailer, welder, grinder, cutting torch and a variety of hand tools.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.