Seeking a manufacturing engineer to join our team in OKC.
The manufacturing engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members.
- Assists Operations Director in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Utilizes various tools to determine root cause of failures, recommends and implements improvements.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency or reduce costs using knowledge of lean concepts, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, work flow, and equipment layout.
- Participates in rapid improvement / kaizen events.
- Supports implementation of 5S facility wide.
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Performance Management
- Communication Proficiency
- BA/BS Degree in applicable field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, TOC) preferred.
- Experience with MRP systems a plus
- Experience working with ISO 9001 or QMS systems.
- Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings or ability to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel