1)Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
2) Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
3) Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
4) Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
5) Cash checks for customers.
6) Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
7) Compute and record totals of transactions.
8) Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
9) Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
10) Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks.
Work experience as a Retail Cashier or in a similar role in sales
Basic PC knowledge
Familiarity with electronic equipment, like cash register and POS
Good math skills
Strong communication and time management skills