Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics
New York City, NY
Updated 1d ago
10.5% of Salary
My fee % [?]
$150,000 - $150,001/year
My new applicants
Total invited candidates
Total active candidates
Why this job is awesome!
A lot feels uncertain these days, but if you're anything like me (and like the rest of us), one thing that remains as constant as ever: the need to eat. Good food, fast is one of today's humblest and yet most refined luxuries. What about a chance to help make that happen? To help make it better?
This company - still in stealth mode but already grown to nearly 200 employees - is bracing to revolutionize the way we all get our hands on the absolute best food as quickly as possible. While we can't give away the secret sauce just yet (apply to find out more!), this company has a recipe for success. With backing from some of the most seasoned investors in the game and a diverse team of smart, hard-working folks crafting one of the most exciting new ideas to hit the market, your competitive compensation, smart peers, and equity are all just icing on the cake.
What you’ll do
We’re a data-driven team that deeply values our customers. As a Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics at this high-growth foodtech startup, you will partner with our customer-facing teams to leverage data and analytics to bring rich insights about our customers to the forefront. This position requires a driven self-sufficient, self-starter who is able to work with senior leadership comfortably, owns tasks from start to finish, and enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role will report into the Director, Customer Intelligence.
• Partner with key stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of our business strategy, business goals, products, and critical business questions to answer.
• Help define a best in class data architecture that powers a single view of our customer, including documentation, structure, organization, and processes to ensure that complex data points across our activities come together to power a unified customer view.
• Conduct ongoing and ad-hoc analysis of customer behavior across touchpoints, both at a high level as well as at a granular level, turning them into actionable insights that inform growth of our business. Analysis and activities may include building an in-house marketing attribution approach, conducting marketing channel performance analysis & optimization, synthesizing customer order behavior & making recommendations on how to best improve, building segmentation analyses, developing cohort analyses, building RFM models, and developing customer LTV & churn models.
• Create and maintain domain-specific analytics dashboards while enabling teams to access data and conduct self-service analysis on a daily basis; This includes owning the measures and dimensions exposed to dashboard users, requesting code reviews from the central data team for these dashboards, and setting up training sessions for business users.
• Serve as a data steward, partnering with the central data engineering team to provide the requirements and judgement around data quality and data QA.
• Partner with the broader marketing and product teams to drive the marketing platform tool selection processes as well as drive implementation of the tools.
• Serve as the day-to-day marketing analytics partner to senior management and the customer teams, using excellent communication and strong presentation skills to gather business requirements and share back analysis in a way that is clear and actionable for employees at all levels.
• Experience working with an engineering team to implement a scalable data architecture and individual events including defining requirements and QAing implemented events.
• Highly proficient in SQL, working with structured and unstructured data sets, with the ability to write complex queries against new or unfamiliar data sets.
• Highly proficient working with data visualization tools and manipulating data sets in Looker and/or Amplitude and other platforms to report on custom metrics.
• Experience building, implementing, and maintaining data processes and a marketing analytics roadmap.
• Operational experience with a modern tech stack, including customer data platforms (such as mParticle or Segment), communication platforms (such as Braze or Iterable), deeplinking / attribution tools (such as Branch or AppsFlyer), and data visualization tools (such as Amplitude or Google Analytics).
• Experienced with offline & online marketing channels, digital marketing analytics, media measurement (including MMM, MTA), incremental lift studies, and marketing A/B testing.
• Experience designing and analyzing marketing/lifecycle experiments a plus.
• Experience using Python or R for data analysis a plus.
• Experience working with consumer technology, preferably with eCommerce.
• Experience working with a mobile app a strong plus.
• Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfortable with being scrappy and in an agile environment.
Questions from the employer
You will be required to answer the following questions when submitting a candidate to this job
Okay with $150K comp?
Okay with being based in NYC?
Do they have strong SQL & Python skills?