US0134 IFG Tampa, Division of Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This position is responsible for all general warehouse functions including loading, receiving, put-away, stocking, and selection of product and/or order packing when qualified and as needed. All functions except for loading require specific equipment or process certification.
• Handle products appropriately to minimize damage.
• Communicate any damage found or caused when handling products to appropriate personnel.
• Inspect trailer cleanliness before loading.
• Ensure all packages meet warehouse standards before loading (no visible damage, boxes securely closed, address labels affixed and readable, etc.).
• Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of the dock areas.
• Accurately record product delivered as compared to the bill of lading/receiving worksheets and create appropriate over, short and damage (OS&D) paperwork when necessary.
• Stage product efficiently for put-away.
• Must be certified on appropriate material handling equipment (MHE).
• Operate appropriate MHE such as forklifts, standup order selector and reach trucks in a safe and orderly manner to reduce accidents and injuries.
• Ensure that MHE is maintained (daily inspection) and clean.
• Report repair or service needs to the supervisor to reduce equipment damage.
• Remove shrink wrap, bands, or tape when putting a pallet into a selected location as required.
• Accurately scan the product and put the product in the correct slots.
• Correctly select product for outbound shipments.
• Precisely stage and notate float numbers on pallets.
• Thoroughly sort, segregate and package product to be shipped to customers (both FedEx and LTL).
• Must be able to recognize products by name/packaging.
• Assure all packages meet warehouse standards after packing (no visible damage, boxes securely closed, address labels affixed and readable, etc.).
• Should be certified on specific packing equipment and processes.
• Work effectively with immediate supervisor to prevent warehouse shrink (product loss).
• Cross-train and work in other warehouse functions and areas which include loading, unloading, receiving, put-away, selecting, and packing on an as qualified and as-needed basis. (See specific loading, receiving, put-away, selecting, or packing duties and responsibilities for specific details.)
• Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of the assigned work area.
• Report any unfixable/unsafe issues immediately to the supervisor.
• Observe and enforce all safety rules to reduce accidents and injuries.
• Note proper lifting techniques and physical work practices as defined in the preferred work methods (PWM) documentation.
• Use warehouse computers and radio frequency (RF) equipment safely and professionally.
• Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, code of business conduct and ethics, associate handbook, etc.)
• Confirm compliance with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Administration), AIB (American Institute of Baking), etc.).
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1-year warehouse related experience and/or training.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must pass a functional capacity test.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
• Certification on material handling equipment is required, or the ability to become certified.
• Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Able to read and write simple correspondence, and to speak effectively in one-on-one and in small group situations.
• Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Must be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
• Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
• Frequently required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
• Required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit.
• A material handling equipment (MHE) certified associate is frequently required to sit/stand on MHE equipment and must be comfortable with heights of up to 25 feet.
• Often lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move between 41 and 55 pounds, and selfdom lift and/or move 56 pounds and up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Job duties are performed in a warehouse environment.
• Regularly exposed to fast-moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment.
• Frequently exposed to variable temperatures and humid conditions, vehicle emissions; and is infrequently exposed to contained toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
• This is a full-time position.
• Must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays.
• Work hours may vary or change based on customer order requirements.
• The position does not require travel.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Changes to this job description or any other job description are prohibited.
To recommend a revision, please email your request to the Senior VP, RDC Facilities and Senior Director, Human Resources for their review and consideration. Any approved changes to job description will be made by the RDC Executive Assistant to the master copy of a job description.
This document contains proprietary information of Sysco Central Warehouse and may not be reproduced, used, disclosed, or disseminated in whole or in part to anyone without Sysco’s written consent.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.