Maintenance Group Leader
• Assist with establishing, implementing and maintaining continuous plant operation by establishing preventative maintenance, equipment modification and repair programs in facility to meet and exceed customer requirements and expectations while providing a safe environment for employees.
• Provide direction and assistance to the Maintenance department that will assist meeting and/or exceeding customer requirements.
• Perform root cause analysis to identify causes of machine breakdowns (downtime analysis) and make recommendations to fix problem/issue
• Assist with developing an effective and functional Preventative Maintenance system
• Ensure that PM’s and Work Orders are completed on time and are effective
• Ensure that spare part quantities are at the proper level based on usage working in conjunction with the Maintenance Admin Specialist and Maintenance Coordinator
• Ensures that all maintenance projects are staffed and are provided with all required materials
• Assists with troubleshooting equipment failures
• Participate in continuous improvement activities that enhance quality and efficiencies
• Provide expertise in reducing cost of maintenance
• Assist with training for employees both on the floor and in classroom on maintenance safety
• Assist with oversee training, skill development and apprenticeship programs
• Participate in equipment purchases and components
• Any other reasonable request made by management.
• Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
• Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the work place organization are supported and adhered to.
• Ensures he/she is in full compliance with the federal and state laws of Michigan and/or any other state, while representing the company or during the use of any provided equipment.
• Minimum of 5 years progressive leadership/supervisory experience
• Minimum of 7 years work related experience in manufacturing/automotive industry
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation.
• Strong people management skills to lead, direct and coach employees.
• Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to prioritize work in order to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
• Computer skills, e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, GroupWise, MS Project, MP2 and CMI software.
• Mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to gather, analyze and determine best solution.
• Ability to interact with all employees at all levels within the organization.
• Recognized technical trade certificate - Licensed as an Engineer, Industrial Electrician or Maintenance Technician or equivalent job related experience.