HR MANAGER – LUMBER MANUFACTURING
Top 5 Must Haves for the Ideal Candidate:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
• 5-7+ years of related HR experience in manufacturing
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in HR systems and social media
• Strong understanding employment laws and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to build credibility, trust, and influence with a wide variety of employees and leaders
The Human Resource Manager plays a key role in supporting the HR needs across our client’s corporate office and 14 manufacturing sites located across the US. This position will support a broad range of human resource activities including employee engagement, performance management, recruitment and selection, equal employment, employee relations, employee benefits, compliance training, and leadership development. This is a “hands on” position that requires interaction and visibility with all levels of the organization, as well as a solid understanding of the business and manufacturing.
• Promote a philosophy of equity and inclusion throughout the company which emphasizes open communications, the value of people, equal opportunities and treatment, and continuous learning
• Lead by example around safety standards demonstrating integrity, fairness and other behaviors that create a positive work environment
• Design and execute workforce planning and talent management process to attract and retain talent
• Own the recruiting, staffing and on-boarding processes for salaried and hourly staffing functions
• Understand, interpret, and advise on company and HR policy; maintain good working knowledge of state and federal employment requirements, compliance with all applicable company policies, safety guidelines, regulations and laws
• Manage education, training, and continuous development activities for all sites
• Manage annual compensation and wage analysis
• Communicate confidently verbally and in writing to effectively present and drive change at all levels of the organization
• Collaborate with corporate HR partners and other support staff to align and solve operational issues
This role will be located in southeastern AL. Company provided relocation is available.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the selected candidate that includes a competitive base salary, profit sharing, comprehensive medical benefits, and a performance-based bonus.