Living in the Central Vancouver area? Finding it hard to secure yourself fulltime hours? Rise above the rest and think outside of the box. Located just a 15-20 minute drive from Vancouver General Hospital is the next step in your nursing career!
RPI Consulting Group is recruiting Licensed Practical Nurses. Our client is a leading healthcare institution. We, at RPI, only work with the top agencies and institutions in the country. This is a golden opportunity to jumpstart your career and to add to your repertoire.
Our client, a long term care retirement community nestled just west of North Vancouver is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse to assist residents in their day to day activities.
This opportunity would see you working Full time hours over the course of the next 4 weeks with a strong possibility for extensions thereafter! We offer flexible schedules with eight hour shifts, and competitive remuneration.
Please note that you will be given adequate training, preparation, and personal protective equipment.
Duties of the Registered Practical Nurse:
• Accurately and promptly implement orders from supervising authorities
• You will take immediate action to treat any patients in the home who are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms including fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, and symptoms associated with pneumonia
• You will provide general nursing care for patients under your care. This may include treating for fatigue; injuries from slips, trips, and falls; and other medical emergencies that might occur
• Ensure that nursing supplies are utilized economically and that equipment is clean and maintained in a safe manner
• Provide daily reports and records of pertinent observations and reactions regarding patients
• Graduate of a two year post-secondary nursing program
• Registered Practical Nurse registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals
• Ability to communicate effectively with patients, colleagues, and supervisors
• Demonstration of critical thinking and prioritization skills
• Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work effectively with the team and patients
• Excellent organizational skills and problem solving skills
• Up to date liability and malpractice insurance
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Current CPR/ AED and Standard First Aid certification
• At least one year of experience working in a Long-Term Care, Nursing home, or hospital setting as a licensed practical nurse.
• Having your own vehicle will be a must for this opportunity
Apply as soon as you can, this opportunity will be gone very soon!
To apply for this opportunity, send me your CV and cover letter NOW!
1-866-505-3383 Ext #317