Contract: 1 Month
Start Date: ASAP
Work Location: Calgary, AB
Hours: 7.5 hrs/day, full-time weekly schedule
RPI Consulting Group is the largest healthcare staffing agency in Canada. Leading Canadian healthcare institutions and pharmacies work with us to ensure the highest quality of employment for their positions. Numerous healthcare specialists who have been employed by our clientele have been provided opportunities to grow within.
Our client is currently looking to hire a team of Health Care Aide on a 1 month contract starting ASAP. You will primarily work in a nursing home, aiding in the day to day operations of the facility and its residents. The location of this assignment is in south end of Calgary, AB. The schedule would primarily be 7.5 hrs/shift and would be a mix of weekdays and weekends. The initial contract would be 1 month and the potential of extensions if performance standards are met.
Duties will include:
• Assist residents with activities of daily living
• Assist with medication in accordance with established employer or government policy
• Perform light housekeeping duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming, washing dishes, and laundry.
• Observe residents and their environments, and report and document unsafe conditions and behavioural, physical, and / or cognitive changes to an appropriate supervisor; i.e. family member, employer, care coordinator etc.
• Communicate and demonstrate basic information to residents in relation to activities of daily living
• Must complete and maintain related records and documentation.
• Current Personal Support Worker Certificate from a recognized institution
• Experience in providing personal support activities is a must
• Ability to work well with others, independently, and adapt to changing circumstances
• Ability to follow safe work practices and meet physical demands of the role
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), as well as computer literacy
• CPR and First Aid certification
We thank all applicants for their interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Account Manager/Healthcare Recruiter
1866 505 3383 ext. 231