RPI Consulting Group is recruiting Registered Practical Nurses to do their part and help in the community!
Our client is a leading healthcare institution in Cambridge/ Kitchener area.
Free accommodation is provided + the facility is Covid free.
The primary role of the RPN is to provide holistic and patient-centred quality care in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario standards and the policies set by our client.
The RPN works within a fluctuating environment and in inter-professional teams to advocate for and promote wellness while ensuring the delivery of safe, effective and ethical nursing care. This is a one month contract assignment starting the month of January and Feburary. This position reports to the Director of Care and is expected to work 8 hour shifts from Monday to Friday, with 5 hour shifts over the weekend.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and provide high quality support to family practice patients. Apply now to be considered for this amazing opportunity.
· Identify and assess patient care requirements
· Promote a cooperative environment for health care team by communicating information; resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies
· Provide pre- and post-operation care in a compassionate environment, making or recommending necessary adjustments
· Take patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures; measure health outcomes against patient care goals and standards
· Monitor and administer medication and intravenous infusions
· Supervise junior staff, as well as tutor interns
· Document patient care services by recording relevant information
· Maintain and replenish nursing supplies inventory; check stock to determine inventory level
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge
· Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
· Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
· Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
· Current Licensure and membership in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgment
· Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
· Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and work record
· Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only selected candidates will be contacted.
If you have any questions regarding the Above job please feel free to send me an email.
1.866.505.3383 Ext 231