Director, Marketing; Customer Intelligence REC New York ny rec
New York City, NY
Updated 6h ago
10.5% of Salary
My fee % [?]
$200,000 - $200,001/year
My new applicants
Total invited candidates
Total active candidates
Why this job is awesome!
A lot feels uncertain these days, but if you're anything like me (and like the rest of us), one thing that remains as constant as ever: the need to eat. Good food, fast is one of today's humblest and yet most refined luxuries. What about a chance to help make that happen? To help make it better?
This company - still in stealth mode but already grown to nearly 200 employees - is bracing to revolutionize the way we all get our hands on the absolute best food as quickly as possible. While we can't give away the secret sauce just yet (apply to find out more!), this company has a recipe for success. With backing from some of the most seasoned investors in the game and a diverse team of smart, hard-working folks crafting one of the most exciting new ideas to hit the market, your competitive compensation, smart peers, and equity are all just icing on the cake.
What you’ll do
We’re a data-driven team that deeply values our customers. As the Director, Customer Intelligence at this high-growth foodtech startup, you will build and lead the team responsible for providing holistic insights on our customers to the forefront. Overseeing activities including marketing analytics, consumer app analytics, and consumer insights, this team stitches customer activity together across all touchpoints, bringing data and insights together to form a rich single customer view. This position requires a driven self-sufficient, self-starter who is able to work with senior leadership comfortably, owns tasks from start to finish, and enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role reports to the SVP of Marketing, while running a team that services and supports the customer marketing, consumer app, and hospitality business teams.
• Set the vision, strategy, and resourcing roadmap for the Customer Intelligence team.
• Develop, maintain, and socialize the team’s roadmap, ensuring we’re planning for future needs while meeting the operational needs of the business today.
• Hire, train, motivate, and develop talent on the Customer Intelligence team, managing their technical work as well as career development.
• Partner with key senior stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of business strategy, business goals, our products, and critical business questions to answer.
• Help define best in class data architecture, including documentation, structure, organization, and processes that powers a single view of our customer, ensuring that complex data points across our activities come together to power a unified customer view.
• Conduct ongoing and ad-hoc analyses of customer behavior (and oversee a team doing the same) across the full funnel, turning them into actionable insights and recommendations that inform growth of our business.
• Partner with the central data team on data infrastructure, tooling, automation, data management, data quality, and QA needs.
• Partner with the central data team as well as other intelligence teams across the business (Operations, People, Finance) to build the right practices, ways of working, and cross-functional team culture.
• Serve as the senior customer intelligence partner to senior management and the customer teams, using excellent communication and strong presentation skills to gather business requirements and share back insights in a way that is clear and actionable for employees at all levels.
• You can expect to manage a team of researchers, engineers, data scientists, and analysts – as well as to conduct complex analysis yourself. Key projects from the team can include marketing attribution, marketing channel optimization, campaign performance analysis, customer ordering behavior, app/product analytics, app optimization, and testing, UX testing, segmentation analysis, cohort analysis, customer surveys, focus groups, and other quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
We’re looking for someone that brings together excellent analytical skills, technical skills, strategic thinking capabilities, people-leadership experience, and effective cross functional management for this role. We’re also looking for someone who will be excited about the opportunity to build new approaches in a fast-paced, exciting startup environment.
• Experienced data & analytics leader who is passionate about building and understanding best in class customer experiences.
• Experienced people leader who is able to hire, train, and develop data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers.
• Experience working with an engineering team to implement a scalable data architecture and individual events including defining requirements and QAing implemented events
• Experience building and managing roadmaps and data analytics projects from ideation to all the way through implementation.
• Experience working with consumer technology, preferably within eCommerce.
• Experienced with customer data and analytics specifically, including marketing and consumer product analytics.
• Operational experience with a modern tech stack, including customer data platforms (such as mParticle or Segment), communication platforms (such as Braze or Iterable), deeplinking / attribution tools (such as Branch or AppsFlyer), and data visualization tools (such as Amplitude or Google Analytics).
• Highly proficient working with data visualization tools and manipulating data sets in Looker and/or Amplitude and other platforms to report on custom metrics.
• Highly proficient in SQL, working with structured and unstructured data sets, with the ability to write complex queries against new or unfamiliar data sets.
• Experienced using Python or R for data analysis.
• Experienced with statistical methods for quantitative analysis as well as qualitative customer research methodologies.
• Experienced w rapidly changing industry requirements and data privacy.
• Experience working with a mobile app a plus.
• Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfortable with being scrappy and in an agile environment.
Questions from the employer
You will be required to answer the following questions when submitting a candidate to this job
Please explain the candidate's SQL experience. The candidate needs to have experience and understanding of customer experience/analytics - please explain.