The Cloud Infrastructure Architect is tasked to architect, implement, operate, monitor, and troubleshoot the company's cloud infrastructure solutions to meet business and software development & delivery needs. This is a Full Time (Direct Hire) position with a small but growing technology company that requires strong AWS certifications.
*** Local (Tampa) area candidates preferred as employees will be returning to the office in Tampa sometime in early 2021
U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders only, please. We are unable to accept 3rd party candidates or transfer a visa or provide sponsorship.
• Responsible for architecting and leading the company's cloud infrastructure solutions and implementations with optimal design, performance, scalability, security, and high availability.
• Work closely and collaborate with the application architect, DevOps engineers, and others on the software engineering team to implement, deploy, and operate the company’s software product and services, as well as third-party systems.
• Responsible for the wellbeing and continuous improvement of cloud infrastructure solutions to meet business and software & delivery needs, including but not limited to:
o Evaluation, recommendation, and choice of cloud-based services/tools
o Design, review, and lead implementation of application deployments
o Day-to-day maintenance and operational support when needed such as troubleshooting or development hotfixes
EXAMPLES OF PROJECTS AND TASKS:
• Architect and lead builds of infrastructure for environments within AWS, using an Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) approach and change control/SDLC
• Architect and lead builds of metrics/alerting for monitoring applications and infrastructure
• Ensure continuous performance and security compliance as environments change
• Serves as a member of the company's IT Operation Response team with potential off-hour responsibilities or other responsibilities as assigned
• Proven experience as a Cloud Infrastructure Architect within AWS, using an Infrastructure-As-Code (IaC) approach
• Experience architecting and leading cloud infrastructure solutions and implementations with optimal design, performance, scalability, security, and high availability
• Evaluation, recommendation, and choice of cloud-based services/tools
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect –Associate (Professional certification preferred)