General medical-technologist i
Updated 6h ago
10.5% of Salary
My fee % [?]
$25 - $38/hour
My new applicants
Total invited candidates
Total active candidates
Medical / Healthcare
Green Card,US Citizen
Fantastic opportunity for a Medical Technologist I at a beautiful facility located near Atlanta, GA.
Atlanta Hospital – a 643-bed, private, not-for-profit hospital – is a leader in patient care that’s helped the Atlanta community get better and stay well for more than a century. Named the top acute-care community hospital in metro Atlanta in U.S. News and World Report’s Best Hospitals list, Atlanta hospital consistently ranks in the top five among metro Atlanta hospitals in patient experience scores.
SHIFT: Nights (five 8-hour shifts with Rotating Weekends)
Independently performs laboratory procedures for which the technologist has been trained and demonstrated competency. Independently performs laboratory testing on patients of all ages using professional knowledge of laboratory procedures, executing, interpreting and/or analyzing, in an accurate and timely manner.
· Performs clinical laboratory procedures following established guidelines. Responsible for accuracy of the test results.
· Resolves technical problems and exhibits other critical thinking skills.
· Performs and monitors Quality Control /instrument maintenance.
· Enters/ retrieves/ transmits laboratory test data into LIS/HIS.
· Maintains complete and accurate documentation.
· Complies with regulations of all existing applicable state, federal and regulatory agencies.
· Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the Laboratory Information System.
· Attends regularly scheduled meetings as indicated by Department Supervisor
· Proficient in all applicable areas of testing including troubleshooting of instruments and resolving technical problems.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned.
· Oversees the work of technicians, phlebotomists or lab assistants as directed by laboratory leadership.
· Assists with the maintaining and stocking of supplies.
· Participates in departmental QA.
· One year of supervised clinical experience as a medical technologist in a clinical laboratory (Experience within the last year)
· ASCP is the preferred certification,(Will not accept candidates who hold an AAB – MT-P, which is a provisional certification. This certification does not meet the minimum qualifications of the position).
· Bachelor’s Degree in clinical laboratory science, biomedical science, medical technology or in a life / biological science (biology, biochemistry, microbiology, etc.) preferred.
IMPORTANT: Not interested in candidates who are certified in a specific area of the lab, such as Micro, Blood Bank, etc. We are looking for a generalist.
Benefits start 30 days after the 1st day of any month after they start
Salary Range: $24.64/hr - $38/hr ( all depends on the candidates years of experience; to be considered for the Max, candidates need to have 10+ years of experience)
*They also have shift differential
Questions from the employer
You will be required to answer the following questions when submitting a candidate to this job
Candidate's home phone #:
Candidate email address:
Reason for changing positions:
What are the candidate's strengths?
What is the candidate's desired salary? (please put an actual number)
What is the candidate's availability for a phone interview?
When is the candidate available to start?
Additional notes you feel the client needs to know about the candidate:
You confirm your candidate summary is written in the required bulleted format provided in the