Non-profit federally qualified health center is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. Clinic provides quality medical, dental, pharmacy, and behavioral health services to families and individuals of all ages, regardless of background, insurance status, or ability to pay. Health Group served over 96,000 patients in 2019.
Purpose of Job:
Improve the overall health of the communities we serve by providing medical and behavioral health services to patients and families by performing the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prescribes, directs, and administers psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
• Collaborates with primary care physicians, psychologists, social workers, counselors, psychiatric nurses, pharmacists and other professionals to convey recommendations, treatment plans, and progress.
• Monitors clinical outcomes both individually and for patient panels to proactively improve health.
• Analyzes and evaluates patient data and examination findings to diagnose the nature and extent of mental disorders.
• Available to primary care providers for behavioral health staffing and consultation, including interdisciplinary case reviews without direct patient contact.
• Gathers and maintains patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
• Designs individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
• Teaches and counsels patients, families, and care givers when appropriate.
• Provides crisis assessments and interventions as needed.
• Provides in-service training for CHAS staff as requested and participate in peer reviews to improve quality of care.
• Participates in an evolving integrated delivery system using innovative methods to see and treat patients while maximizing scarce resources.
• For staff with clinical supervision duties: Supervises and coordinates volunteers and behavioral health / medical students as required. Oversees peer review and chart audit process as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Valid state licensure as ARNP.
BLS certification required.
Two years of clinical practice with underserved populations preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision
Short and long-term disability
Life insurance & AD&D
Send resume to .